- Session: Week 4, Day 6
(From Week 4)
Underline the word that makes sense in each of the sentences below.
- We were impressed with the new maid because she cleaned the house with (alacrity, solace).
- All (aspirants, lacerations) for the basketball team must come to practice today.
- Once he was a millionaire, but today he can be found among the (dregs, octogenarians) of society.
- The newspaper specialized in printing the (sordid, brash) details of crime in the city.
- After finding the (pugnacious, tangible) evidence in his drawer, Roger took it to the police.
- The normally (scurrilous, belligerent) police dog was unusually quiet this morning.
- Bobby, who was extremely modest, always (belittled, castigated) his own achievements.
- Treated with (frenzy, disdain) by his stepfather, Artie grew closer to his natural father.
- When the results of the bar exam were (intimidated, promulgated) Adele saw that she had passed handsomely.
- I used to (scoff, feint) at Hank’s stories of the fish he had caught, but he made a believer out of me.