An Inspiring Course for Intellectuals
- Session 81: The Devil
- Key Words: devil, Satan, Lucifer, evil spirit, demons, etc.
- Class Time: Wednesday, May 11th, 2016, 21:00 to 22:00 (Iran’s Time Zone)
Use the audio player below to listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio File:
- Where does the devil live?
- What is the first place from which the devil attacks you?
- Why does the lecturer believe that the mind is the battlefield?
- Why is it necessary for you to think about your thoughts and be active?
- What’s the name of the lecturer’s best-selling book?
- What is the devil’s main weapon to destroy your faith?
- Why is it important to take care of your health?
- Mention some of the characteristics of the devil.
- What is the difference between your spirit and your soul?
Related Idioms, Proverbs & Expressions:
- Devil-may-care: Cheerfully unconcerned – Foolishly nonchalant about risk or danger
- Little/old devil: A child or an older man who behaves badly, but whom you like
- Speak/talk of the devil: When somebody you have been talking about walks into the room where you are
- The devil is in the details: Actions or conditions that seem pretty normal must be carefully examined because minor details can end up causing major problems.
- The world, the flesh, and the devil: Temptations that cause men to sin
- Why does the devil hate us so much?
- How can the devil attack and deceive so many people in this world?
- How can we protect ourselves against the devil?
- What is the devil’s favorite sin?
- What’s the meaning of playing devil’s advocate?
- Holy Quran – Sura of Mu’minum – Verses 96-98: Repel evil with that which is better. We are Best-Acquainted with the things they utter. And say: “My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayâtin (devils). “And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they may attend (or come near) me.”
- Holy Quran – Sura of Al-Araf – Verse 27: O Children of Adam, let not Shayatin (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents, Adam and Eve, out of paradise, stripping them of their covers, to show them their private parts. Verily he and his Quabiluhu (his soldiers from the jinns or his tribes) can see you where you cannot see them. Verily We made Shayatin (Devils) Aouliaa (protectors and helpers) for those who believe not.
- Holy Quran – Sura of Qaf – Verse 27: His companion (Satan devil)] will say: “Our Lord! I did not push him to transgress, (in disbelief, oppression, and evil deeds) but he was himself in error far astray.”
- Holy Quran: beware of the devil. He is an open enemy to man.
- Excess is the devil’s playground. (Joyce Meyer)
- Without health and strength, the devil will attack you, and you don’t have enough power to deal with him. (Joyce Meyer)
- You should lift up people, edify them, encourage and help people to do away with the devil. (Joyce Meyer)
- When the devil attacks you, try to help somebody else. (Joyce Meyer)
- The weapons against the devil are not material ones but spiritual ones, most importantly praying and worshipping God. (Joyce Meyer)
- If you become weak and don’t take enough rest or nutritious food adequately, the devil will try to conquer you.
- You can watch the movie, The Devil’s Advocate, to become more familiar with the evil spirits of the devil.
- The devil wants you to feel regretful, remorseful and guilty all the time.
- His weapon against you is your suffering. He wants you to magnify your suffering so that you lose your hope and faith in God. He wants to destroy your faith and joy.
- He likes you to be passive and depressed. So it’s better to schedule your time and day in order to do away with passivity, and as a result, the devil.
- Don’t pay too much attention to him, but don’t ignore him either.
- He tries to find an empty place in your mind to reside in and manipulate you. If you are confused and not in control, he might attack you.
- Submit yourself to God to resist the devil.
- Before going to bed, if you take grudge of somebody and happen to be angry right before going to bed, you have simply opened the door to devil to manipulate you and take away your joy.
- He doesn’t want you to know that he is real.
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
“The devil only attacks the impious.”
Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
Call for Feedback: