English Question on Time Management Skills

Last updated on June 3, 2022 by with 48 Views and Reading Time: 12 minutes

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

English question about time management skills for discussion in our conversation classes

1. Do you feel you have enough time?
      2. If your answer to the previous question is negative, then what would give you that feeling?
      3. How much has your attitude about time changed as you have aged?
      4. Do you think you can compensate for any time you might have wasted in your life so far?
      Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

1. If you asked me this question a month ago, I would have said that no. I think that time is just flying by at lights speed, and I do not know what is really going on. I really felt like the seconds, minuets and hours are vanishing away from my hands like sand.
      2. I suppose I did not get up early and that made me really feel bad about myself. and I spend to much of my time wasting on social media.
      3. I guess the older I am getting, the more I realize how much time managing is important.
      4. Yes and no. Because I still have a long way a head of me.

Some degree of waste of time is quite normal because we are not robots or automatons, and sometimes various types of emotions just kick in and deviate us from perfectly managing our time. After all, I believe strict and hectic time management makes one’s life miserable and sad, although I’m a big fan of time management.

The point is that, I believe, we must be aware of what we are doing and where we are heading, and enjoy the lengthy journey of life.

I completely agree with you on being an early bird. In English, we say, “an early bird catches the worm“, particularly, the first hour of each day has a marvelous effect on the rest of the day. Therefore, we need to start our day brilliantly.

Feedback
        * If you had asked me this question (Conditional Sentence Type 3)
        * at light speed / at the speed of light
        * too much / so much

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

Nearly always in my life I felt short of time. I always have something to do and my works never seem to finish so I think I am behind the time and behind schedules. I consider myself not a lazy person but why I am always behind the schedules is one of my distressing problems. As I grew older this filling grew larger and my shortage of time became even worse. May be the time passes quicker than before. I remember when I was a child it tools a long time that summer arrived and exams finished but now it is just a blinking from this year to the next. I always blame myself of wasting my time, if there is any. I think never ever I could compensate for such big loss.

Feedback
        be short of time
        my work never seems to finish
        behind schedule
        filling –> feeling
        maybe
        … passes more quickly
        it took a long time
        blame myself for …
        such a big loss

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

my shortage of time
      it took a long time

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.