1: abandon: desert; leave without planning to come back; quit
a. When Roy abandoned his family, the police went looking for him.
b. The soldier could not abandon his friends who were hurt in battle.
c. Because Rose was poor, she had to abandon her idea of going to college.
2: keen: sharp; eager; intense; sensitive
a. The butcher’s keen knife cut through the meat.
b. My dog has a keen sense of smell.
c. Bill’s keen mind pleased all his teachers.
The international adventure stories prevalent on television follow meticulously a plot that is inexorable in its development. Those on the side of law and justice face perfidious men and organizations. These are anathema to those values the staunch heroes would defend. These infamous men have no capacity for compassion, and they treat the lovely women with opprobrium. The intrepid heroes are placed in deleterious situations as a result of the Machiavellian maneuvers of their opponents. One unconscionable act of duplicity follows another until the total destruction of the “good guys” seems at hand. At the last moment, usually amidst the pandemonium of a battle, the cause for which the heroes strive triumphs. However, evil is ubiquitous, and next week another fracas will erupt.
See English terms or collocations in other contexts.
No matter how hard parents and children strive to consolidate the affinity between each other, the concept of generation gap has always been perceived. However, there has been controversy over whether generation gap has recently widened or narrowed in comparison to the past. What is your stance on the current trend of generation gap compared to the past?
All Categories + Dictionary
- Over 1,500 academic posts
- Over 3,700 comments in the posts
- Over 2,100 flashcards in the posts
- Over 430 podcasts in the posts
- Over 12,000 collocations in the posts
- Over 860 members and subscribers
- And the numbers are increasing…
- Make certain English Flashcard for Make certain for IELTS
- Aimed at English Flashcard for Aimed at for IELTS
- Inspire English Flashcard for Inspire for IELTS
- Fascination English Flashcard for Fascination for IELTS
- Comprehension English Flashcard for Comprehension
- At all times English Flashcard for At all times
- Gripping English Flashcard for Gripping for IELTS
- Get into the habit English Flashcard for Get into the habit
How to become a member?
- Register at LELB Society in less than a min.
- Expect to receive an email from us about your account activation.
- Log into your account and try all the above-mentioned services for 24 hours.
- If satisfied, join the other 867 members (so far) for only 75.000 Tomans or 10$ USD per month.
- Enjoy 2 100% free sessions of our group IELTS & TOEFL class on Discord during your monthly membership.
Group & Private Classes
Group IELTS and TOEFL class
- In this group class for IELTS and TOEFL, you can practice essay writing fro Task 1 and Task 2, IELTS interviews, English vocabulary and grammar, free discussion and conversation, listening and reading for IELTS, etc.
- Every night, from 8:30 to 9:00 pm (except Fridays) – Iran’s Time
- Select your nights of the week (minimum 1 session and maximum 6 sessions per week).
- You cannot change your selected nights of the week.
- Download and install Discord for our online English classes. Then join our Discord server for classes. Finally, customize Discord and enable “push to talk”.
- The first session is free.
- If you happen to be absent in a session, there won’t be any make-up session for that.
- To register for this online class and try it for free, join our Discord server where we hold our classes
Other Services except Membership
- Private classes
- 200.000 Tomans per hour
- The first session is FREE.
- Group IELTS & TOEFL classes
- 60.000 Tomans per hour
- The first session is FREE.
- IELTS essay writing correction service
- IELTS speaking test (IELTS interview) with correction and scoring
- 150.000 Tomans for each interview
- Writing assistance for academic tasks and projects
- Teach any languages online
- Make money for yourself.
- Publish your articles online
Bank account information
- Bank card owned by: Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl – محمد حسین حریری اصل
- 16 digits on the bank card: 6037-9971-6136-1069