Reply To: Psycho Movie Summary and Analysis in Film Criticism

Psycho is one of the most mysterious and thrilling movies I’ve ever watched. The film which is based on a novel is psychologically grounded on some issues, such as dissociative identity disorder, Oedipus Complex in Freudian Psychology, and others.

Reprogram Your Subconscious Mind at LELB Society - English for Psychology with podcast, selected text and flashcards

The first time I watched Psycho, I thought Marion was the main character or protagonist. Then to my astonishment, she was murdered by the motel owner. Afterwards, I thought the private investigator could solve the puzzle. Then again, I was taken by surprise when he, too, got killed by Norman Bates, the motel owner.

Homicide | English Flashcard for Homicide - LELB Society

What’s more, I had no idea Marion’s sister would be the one who could unravel the mystery, which indeed was the climax of the story and concealed to me till the last moment.

Psychotherapy English Flashcard LELB Society

To truly understand the sophisticated plot of the story, you need to watch it at least three times as recommended by renowned films critics. Yet, when well-understood, you could realize how dangerous and life-threatening a psychopath can be to other people.