English Vocabulary in Context
Last updated on November 24, 2021 by Dr. Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl in English Vocabulary in Context Category with 11 Comments on English Vocabulary in Context and 20 Views
English Vocabulary in Context English Vocabulary in Context The Outline of This Lesson on English Vocabulary in Context Context 1 Many people readily admit that they are hypochondriacs. For example, Travis once thought he had a flesh-eating virus when he found a mysterious red spot on his arm, and Kevin needs only sneeze and he
11 comments on “English Vocabulary in Context”
5. Who is a mortician?
“mort” related to “death”
Mortician: funeral director, undertaker
4. What are some signals indicating that you should search for an antonym in the context?
Notice to antonym clue words like “but, yet, however, on the other hand, in contrast”
3. Enumerate all the techniques for improving vocabulary in context as stated by the teacher.
1. Pay attention to example clue words like “for example, for instance, including, such as”
2. A synonym context clue: word of similar meaning
3. An antonym context clue: notice to antonym clue words like “but, yet, however, on the other hand, in contrast”
4. Use the general sense of the passage by choosing the word that seems most logical.
5. By prefixes, suffixes and roots of words
2. How can you practice improving your vocabulary in context?
We can notice some context clues in sentences to figure out the general meaning of the passage for example synonym, antonym, examples and general sense of passage.
1. When is it not a good idea to refer to your dictionary according to the teacher in the video?
When you reading a complicated passage, it is very time-consuming to refer a dictionary for finding the meaning of an unknown word due to stop the reading for that. Also, it has a negative impact on your comprehension and follows fluently in figure out the general meaning of the passage.
* When you read
* refer to a dictionary