Positive Thinking – An English Conversation Class
Remaining Time to the Class:
[wpdevart_countdown text_for_day=”Days” text_for_hour=”Hours” text_for_minut=”Minutes” text_for_second=”Seconds” countdown_end_type=”time” end_date=”28-10-2016 23:59″ start_time=”1477688020″ end_time=”4,20,35″ action_end_time=”show_text” content_position=”center” top_ditance=”10″ bottom_distance=”10″ ]This class is over. You can attend our next free class.[/wpdevart_countdown]
? Listen to this recorded class
? Class Rules
- ? This class is FREE for all.
- ⏰ Class Time: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, from 9:00 to 10:00 pm (Iran)
- ? Watch this video on how to attend this free class.
- ? Study the archive of our previous classes.
- This FREE class is held on Discord. Download and install Discord on your device, then join our Discord server to attend this FREE class.
- Your 2 assignments that must be completed 24 hours before the class, i.e. until Tuesday, 9:00 pm (Iran):
? Relevant Audio / Video File
Watch or listen to the following video/audio file in conjunction with the topic being discussed and try to answer the questions about it.
⁉️ Questions about the video/audio file
- What do highly successful people think of most of the time?
- What sort of differences appears in your behaviors and feelings when you think about what you really want?
- What do unsuccessful people frequently think of?
- What is the most important word for leadership and success?
- What is the progressive step-by-step realization of a worthy goal?
? Relevant Excerpt
- ? Each student will read out one paragraph completely and deliberately.
- ? For each reader, there will be an examiner (another student randomly assigned to assess the reader’s performance, especially though annotating).
- ✂️ The passages are meticulously extracted from best-selling English books or coursebooks, magazines, journals, etc.
- ? Reading this passage together with your teacher and classmates’ corrections can help you to improve your pronunciation, vocabulary and reading comprehension.
Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results.
Positive thinking is not accepted by everyone. Some, consider it as nonsense, and scoff at people who follow it, but there is a growing number of people, who accept positive thinking as a fact, and believe in its effectiveness.
It seems that this subject is gaining popularity, as evidenced by the many books, lectures and courses about it.
To use it in your life, you need more than just to be aware of its existence. You need to adopt the attitude of positive thinking in everything you do.
How Positive Thinking Works
The following story illustrates how this power works:
On the day of the interview, he got up late, and to his horror he discovered that the shirt he planned to wear was dirty, and the other one needed ironing. As it was already too late, he went out wearing a wrinkled shirt and without eating breakfast.
? Original Source of the Excerpt: www.successconsciousness.com
? Relevant Idioms and Expressions
- (as) happy as a clam ➡ happy and content. Tom
sat there smiling, as happy as a clam.
There they all sat, eating corn on the cob
and looking happy as clams.
☕ Tea Break
Grab a cup of tea or coffee, go to the Tea Break voice channel, and listen to this English song while reading the corresponding lyrics below. I have carefully selected this English song to raise your spirits almost to the point of ecstasy.
- ? Artist:
- ? Song Name:
? ? Argue for/against
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
All of your problems can be resolved if you implement positive thinking.
? Photo Scanning
This person is such a pessimist.
? Reaching a Conclusion
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
? Call for Feedback
Do you think it is necessary for the teacher to be constantly present in the online community, or you think he/she should only be moderately present in the online community, especially when academically solicited?