Related Idioms & Expressions:
1. To keep one‟s fingers crossed: to wish someone luck
2. It‟s an ill wind that blows nobody good: someone who usually benefits from another person‟s misfortune – used to say that every problem brings some advantages for somebody else
3. As chance / luck / fate would have it: accidentally
4. To cross sb‟s palm with silver: to give a fortune teller or palm reader some money to tell you your horoscopic or astrological fortune in future.
5. Fighting chance: possibility of success after sustained effort