? About this activity
- Remember that a negotiation is NOT a lecture or monologue, and you should take equal turns in the negotiations.
- Please note that this activity is like a game, and you should prepare yourself to defend your position even if it is against your own will.
- Please make it clear if you genuinely mean that, or you are simply pretending to make this claim.
- Depending on the topic being discussed, you can conduct some research to familiarize yourself with the issue and boost the level of your confidence.
- To support your claims, you can refer to the sources you have studied in preparation for the negotiations.
- You should be well-prepared and quick on the trigger.
- You can rehearse your performance with a friend before holding our negotiations.
- Make a list of the pros and cons of the assigned topic and prepare yourself for the following short activity:
- If I were you, I would also say…
- Explore the growing corpus of our challenging questions in English.
? Topic for Negotiation:
Android smartphones are better than iPhone smartphones.
|A variety of cellphones, including Samsung, LG, Nokia, etc.||Just smartphones manufactured by Apple Company|
|Open source software||Not open source software|
|More cost-effective||More expensive|
|More customizable||Less customizable|
- What is one of the disadvantages of open source software?
- Which platform is more secure, and why?
- What is the most popular operating system installed on personal computers?