Hachi Dog’s Tale Movie Review in Film Criticism Course

Last updated on November 3rd, 2023 by | Category: | 88 Views | Reading Time: 12 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hachi Dog’s Tale movie review and analysis in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program

Source of image: Into Film

Hachi Dog’s Tale

Hachi: A Dog’s Tale is a 2009 American drama film and a remake of Kaneto Shindo’s 1987 Japanese film Hachikō Monogatari. The original film told the true story of the Akita dog named Hachikō who lived in Japan 1923-1935. This film is an American adaptation of true story set in 1985 Japan about a professor and his devoted dog. This version, which places it in a modern American context, was directed by Lasse Hallström, written by Stephen P. Lindsey and Kaneto Shindo, and produced by Richard Gere, Bill Johnson and Vicki Shigekuni Wong. The film stars Gere, Joan Allen, Sarah Roemer, Jason Alexander and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

Source: Wikipedia

Hachi Dog’s Tale trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Hachi Dog’s Tale trailer directly.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

This film really made me sad. I was so sad for the dog , he really suffered for 10 hole years just for he’s owner . In every day he was waiting for his owner, but after 10 years he finally was free.

I like the way you ended your comment!
        Feedback
        1. The difference between “hole” and “whole”
        2. he’s owner = his owner

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I drowned in my own tears while watching this movie. I have to admit that I never cried this hard over a movie in my whole entire life. It was really beautiful and Hachi was really cute. Also, I admired professor’s personality and his love for Hachi and animals.

Well-written and flawless!
        I was also so dramatically touched by the movie that I could not watch it more than twice for fear that I would burst into tears again.

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

It was really heart touching. The love between Hachi and professor was so remarkable and special. The way that they completed each other and never letting the other one alone. It was so sad how Hachi waited for nine years at the same spot. I loved him. I really hope they finally have gotten together somewhere.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.