Remaining Time to the Class:
[wpdevart_countdown text_for_day=”Days” text_for_hour=”Hours” text_for_minut=”Minutes” text_for_second=”Seconds” countdown_end_type=”time” end_date=”13-10-2016 23:59″ start_time=”1476382934″ end_time=”5,23,7″ action_end_time=”show_text” content_position=”center” top_ditance=”10″ bottom_distance=”10″ ]This class is over.[/wpdevart_countdown]
? Listen to this recorded class:
? Class Rules:
- ? This class is FREE for all.
- ⏰ Class Time: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, from 9:00 to 10:00 pm (Iran)
- ? Watch this video on how to attend this free class.
- ? Study the archive of our previous classes.
- This FREE class is held on Discord. Download and install Discord on your device, then join our Discord server to attend this FREE class.
- Your 2 assignments that must be completed 24 hours before the class, i.e. until Tuesday, 9:00 pm (Iran):
? Relevant Audio / Video File:
Watch or listen to the following video/audio file in conjunction with the topic being discussed and try to answer the questions about it.
⁉️ Questions about the video/audio file:
- Why should you start from smaller goals in your list?
- What is so pleasurable about making a list of your goals?
- How can you inspire yourself to achieve bigger goals in your life?
? Relevant Excerpt:
- ? Each student will read out one paragraph completely and deliberately.
- ? For each reader, there will be an examiner (another student randomly assigned to assess the reader’s performance, especially though annotating).
- ✂️ The passages are meticulously extracted from best-selling English books or coursebooks, magazines, journals, etc.
- ? Reading this passage together with your teacher and classmates’ corrections can help you to improve your pronunciation, vocabulary and reading comprehension.
|If you want to succeed, you need to set goals. Without goals you lack focus and direction. Goal setting not only allows you to take control of your life’s direction; it also provides you a benchmark for determining whether you are actually succeeding. Think about it: Having a million dollars in the bank is only proof of success if one of your goals is to amass riches. If your goal is to practice acts of charity, then keeping the money for yourself is suddenly contrary to how you would define success.|
To accomplish your goals, however, you need to know how to set them. You can’t simply say, “I want” and expect it to happen. Goal setting is a process that starts with careful consideration of what you want to achieve, and ends with a lot of hard work to actually do it. In between there are some very well defined steps that transcend the specifics of each goal. Knowing these steps will allow you to formulate goals that you can accomplish.
Goal setting is much more than simply saying you want something to happen. Unless you clearly define exactly what you want and understand why you want it the first place, your odds of success are considerably reduced. By following the Five Golden Rules of Goal Setting (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time-bound goals), you can set goals with confidence and enjoy the satisfaction that comes along with knowing you achieved what you set out to do.
? Original Source of the Excerpt: www.mindtools.com
? Relevant Idioms and Expressions:
- Course of action ➡ the procedures or sequence of actions that someone will follow to accomplish a goal. I plan to take a course of action that will produce the best results. The committee planned a course of action that would reduce costs and eliminate employees.
? ? Argue for/against:
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
Requesting a counselor to set goals for you is better than goal setting on your own.
? Photo Scanning:
? Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
? Call for Feedback:
You have been practicing negotiation of meaning in your class on challenging topics. Do you like your teacher, as one of the participants, to take a firm position in our negotiations, or do you think it would be better for him to be completely neutral and unbiased in the negotiations? Please feel free to express your ideas about this question.