Going on a Diet
Last updated on April 5, 2021 by Dr. Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl in Speaking Practice in English Category with 68 Comments on Going on a Diet and 18 Views
Going on a Diet – IELTS Speaking practice Going on a Diet – IELTS Speaking Practice Argue for/against: Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument. Going on a
68 comments on “Going on a Diet”
13. How do you care about your healthy diet?
Thanks a lot. ?
Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. When you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn. You don’t need to set aside large chunks of time for exercise to reap weight-loss benefits. If you can’t do an actual workout, get more active throughout the day in simple ways — by taking the stairs instead of the elevator or revving up your household chores
Is this a question?
i think physical exercises is important but if going to diet would make compelte
This must be a reply to one of the questions above.
Please raise your own question as well.
12. How does subconscious mind help us to make a diet?
To your information, we already covered the session on subconscious mind.
11.is diets are associated with mental illness???
Are diets associated with mental illnesses?
10. Should be there a difference in the diets of people in different groups of ages?
Should there be / should there exist any difference … in different age groups?
Thanks a lot.
9. Why do we go on a diet?do you think it is necessary for everyone to have an individual diet?why or why not?
Thank you for your question.
Consider a space among your sentences.
Capitalize the first word of each sentence.
Thank u sir
8. New research shows that diet can have the opposite effect and the small amount of food causes obesity. In this situation what is the solution?
Than you. This is a good question for discussion.
I think to deal with this situation we have to use foods which can provide us,sufficent energy which we need to get done our daily activities.using variety of vegtables and frriuts will help us to obtain our required vitamin.going on a diet does not mean that you avoid eating foods,as a matter of of fact u have to avoid unhealthy foods.
First of all, I’m glad you could make it this session. I mean, you completed your assignments on time.
provide sb with sth / provide sth for sb
to get our daily activities done
Like almost always, consider a space among sentences
a variety of sth (vegetables)
avoid using informal signs, for example, “u” for you. This is an academic setting.
7. Do you approve of Vegetarianism; Do you think it can satisfy the required nutrients of your body?
Thank you for your proper question.
… vegetarianism? (Use a question mark.)
6. I think this statement is not accurate. There has been a lot of athletes who are sick. However, diet alone is also useless. What is more important is to avoid eating unhealthy foods
Dear Sohrab, welcome to this theme-based class.
Please note that you should raise a “question” here, and this comment is not a question.
You can study the class rules on top of this page, again.
5.Is there any connection between the person’s style of life (eat everything you like, drink a lot, have no physical exercise, …) and the duration of his life?
More related to lifestyle and longevity, and less related to diet!
5. In what way can diet influence our longevity?
4. Do you think that nutrition affects your personality?
Such a very influential question! Thank you.
Since diet can affect the appearance of people as well as their state of mind and their mood, It may have some effects on the personality of people. For example, people who are obese or overweight may be treated differently in the society or healthy diet can help us to be more refreshed and more energetic. As a matter of fact, people who do not care of their diet may be afflicted with different kinds of diseases which prevent them from affording and doing their duties well.
Great response, thank you.
In the first line, “it” should not be capitalized.
3. Who is need to diet?
Dear Zohreh, welcome to our community.
Who is in need of diet / Who needs diet? / Who needs to go on a diet?
People usually go on a diet for various reasons; being overweight is one of the most known reasons which itself is the cause of of many health risks such as high blood pressure, Diabetes, heart disease, strokes, cancer, sleep apnea, Osteoarthritis, Fatty Liver Disease, Kidney Disease, Pregnancy Problems and much more.
Welcome back, dear Hadi. ?
Thank you for your reply.
I just wonder why you capitalized some words, such as kidney disease, pregnancy problem, etc.
Hi, Sorry. my mistake. There’s no reason; It’s just my OCD kicking in :)
Oh, I see. That’s OK. I just wanted to satisfy my own curiosity.
2. What is the staple diet of the majority of people throughout the world?
I think bread is the only food that exist in all cultures. However, different cultures have their own unique bread.May be somewhere cooked with wheat flour and elsewhere cooked with corn flour .However, bread is bread
That’s right, and thank you for your reply.
meat products and cereals and vegetables are the same all over the world but with a difference.
Well, I don’t think so. We can discuss it in the class.
⚠️ OPTIONAL ACTIVITY:
You can share your findings with us about the current topic by “REPLYING” to this comment.
;) “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dine like a pauper “ : Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for providing your essential minerals and vitamins because more calories should be consumed earlier in the day.
Great points, thank you.
A balanced diet is one that gives your body the nutrients it needs to function correctly. In order to get the proper nutrition from your diet, you should obtain the majority of your daily calories from:
1. fresh fruits
2. fresh vegetables
3. whole grains
6. lean proteins
Some fresh fruits and vegetables :arrow: 🍏 🍎 🍐 🍊 🍋 🍌 🍉 🍇 🍓 🍈 🍒 🍑 🍍 🍅 🍆 🌶 🌽 🍠
Best Foods for Your Brain:
– A diet rich in walnuts may improve mental performance. A synergy between the specific type of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids in this nut might be at work here to boost brain power.
– Flax is the best source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)—a healthy fat that improves the workings of the cerebral cortex, the area of the brain that processes sensory information like touch and taste.
– The primary fuel for your brain is glucose, which comes from carbohydrates such as those abundant in oats. Since your body breaks down the carbs in whole-grain oats very slowly, they help keep you sharp for several hours.
– Eggs, more specifically the yolks, are a leading source of choline. Choline is a precursor for acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in helping you remember things like where you left the car keys. Eating protein-rich foods like eggs for breakfast can improve overall cognitive performance, according to Swiss researchers.
– Scientists at Wake Forest University determined that natural nitrates in beets can increase blood flow to the brain, thereby improving mental performance.
– Richer in zinc than many other seeds, pumpkin seeds supply this valuable mineral which is vital for enhancing memory and thinking skills. These little seeds are also full of stress-busting magnesium, B vitamins and tryptophan, the precursor to the good mood chemical serotonin
– Harvard Medical School researchers found that women who ate the most vegetables—especially green leafy vegetables (spinach and romaine lettuce) and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower)—experienced a slower rate of cognitive decline than women who ate the least vegetables. Moreover, women with healthy iron levels performed better on mental tasks and completed them faster than those with poor iron status. Iron helps transport oxygen throughout the body and to the brain.
Valuable information. I appreciate it, somehow so technical though.
Thanks for your attention.
1. What’s your idea about the question reflected in this photo?
I strangely agree with that for two reasons. First, doing exercises has efficiency effects on one physically. Obviously when you do exercise your body operate well and get strange. Also, as it’s well-known that sound mind in a sound body. Every time you do something your brine commences order to your body how to do that properly. In sum, doing exercise is more important for having a healthy body.
Thanks so much for your reply. You don’t need to do anything else.
efficient effects or positive effects
you body operates (with S) and gets stronger.
Sound mind IS in a sound body.
brine :arrow: brain
Your brain commences giving orders to your body …
You’re welcome, anytime.
I think that a regular exercise with a healthy diet is the best diet for a healthy body.
But diet alone will not be enough. Regular exercise gives health.
I agree with you.
Thanks for your reply.
I think that it`s better say ” a regular exercise with a healthy diet is the best (way) for a healthy body.”
That’s right. Thanks for your attention.
Also, it’s better TO say …
Yes, I agree. There’s no doubt that nutrition and exercise are both vitally important to good health. Therefore, we could do some things in order to be healthier, like sit less, do exercise regularly, eat more vegetables and eat less processed food. Physical activity has more benefits such as reduce blood sugar, blood pressure and depression. Also, Physical activity improves appearance and increases mental sharpness, sense of well-being, longevity, etc. Moreover, weight loss and weight gain revolve around caloric consumption and expenditure. Hence, we lose weight when we eat less calories than we expend. Conversely, we gain weight when we eat more calories than we expend. On the other hand, the food choices we make have Equal value with amount of exercise we’re doing.
I appreciate your activeness.
I think that a healthy diet and regular exercise are both important to live better. Eating well is good for your mental as well as your physical health. Also, we need physical activity to burn calories and use it in lungs or muscles.
Precious tips, thanks.