- Session 31
- Conversation Section:
- Topic: Sense of Humor
- Topic Proposed by: Hossein Hariri
- Key Words: sense of humor, humor, humorousness, wit, wittiness, sense of fun, funniness, sparkle, etc.
- Study the questions below on the current topic and listen to their corresponding podcast.
- Why do people say laughter is the best medicine? (Sam)
- What is wry humor? (Hossein Hariri)
- What are the differences between “being funny” and “having a sense of humor”? (Taraneh)
- Reply from Hossein Hariri: Deep question, thank you.
- What is the relationship between Intellectuality and a great sense of humor? (Sasan)
- What is the major difference between comedy and satire? (Hossein Hariri)
- Discuss some important tips on cracking or telling a joke to your friends humorously. (Hossein Hariri)
- Who is your favorite comedian in Iran? Why have you chosen him/her? (Hossein Hariri)
Relevant Idioms, Expressions and Quotations:
Read with Your Ears:
- Listen to this audio file that is played to you carefully and try to answer the questions listed below. Notice that taking notes can help you so much to remember facts and details.
- Lecturer: David DeAngelo
- Audio File Name: Sense of Humor
- What is cocky comedy?
- What should you do if you want to get a woman to like you?
- What is comedy?
- What are the objectives of this seminar?
- what intentions may the participants have by attending this seminar?
- To which group of men are women more attracted?