Joker Movie Review in Film Criticism Course Forum

Last updated on September 15th, 2023 by | Category: | 148 Views | Reading Time: 16 minutes
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Joker movie review and analysis in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English immersion program.

Joker movie review

acrimonious LELB Society

Forever alone in a crowd, failed comedian Arthur Fleck seeks connection as he walks the streets of Gotham City. Arthur wears two masks — the one he paints for his day job as a clown, and the guise he projects in a futile attempt to feel like he’s part of the world around him. Isolated, bullied and disregarded by society, Fleck begins a slow descent into madness as he transforms into the criminal mastermind known as the Joker.

Source: Rotten Tomatoes

Joker movie trailer

violent LELB Society

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Joker movie trailer directly.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

D.r Hariri I actually have seen this movie like an year ago and I think this film is really a masterpiece. When I saw this movie , at the first I was thinking that joker is a bad character but in the middle of the movie I get to understand that all of this things happened is people’s fault . It was not joker fault and the reason he becamed like that is that he was have an depression of his life and pepole was really mean to him. This film was really dramatic.
      I give this film an 8.5/10.

Fantastic criticism! Thank you so much, Soroosh.
        Feedback
        * I saw this movie like a year ago / last year
        * becamed = became
        * at the first = at first
        * he was depressed / he was suffering from depression
        * people was = people were

The film, Joker, is in essence a tragedy acted by a comedian. One of the central themes of the film is that laughter and happiness are not necessarily interchangeable. That is to say, it’s wrong to conclude that those who laugh a lot and loudly are undoubtedly happy people.

Arthur was an innocent victim of the unabated cruelty and inequity of his society. He was suppressing all the oppression imposed on him for an extended period of time until he got a chance to take revenge. This action, which is not supported anyhow, made him feel that he was no longer a victim.

It is clear that Arthur was not a vicious or wicked person as he did not do any harm to the dwarf or midget in the film, and in fact, tried to protect him. Psychologically speaking, people who are traumatized or victimized at an early age like Arthur could probably resort to violence or crime when they grow up.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

D.r Hariri thanks for your feedback.

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

This movie reminds the fact that you should not raise a child unless you are healthy both physically and mentally. Even Joker who was adopted by his mother had mental illnesses as well as his mother.
      It is important for government to support this kind of people. If joker took his medicines, maybe he wouldn’t end up like that.
      I enjoyed the movie. Joker’s character was really suitable for Joaquin Phoenix. He played it very well.

Feedback
        * remind someone of / about something
        * if Joker had taken his medicine, he might not have ended up like that

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

Before watching this movie, I used to consider jokes as a psychic antagonist. But after that I could undrestand new and different sides of its character and his background story which was a true tragedy. And it made me to feel empathy for him and not judge him badly anymore.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.