Dealing with Death | IELTS – TOEFL Speaking Practice
Remaining Time to the Class:
[wpdevart_countdown text_for_day=”Days” text_for_hour=”Hours” text_for_minut=”Minutes” text_for_second=”Seconds” countdown_end_type=”time” end_date=”30-09-2016 23:59″ start_time=”1475239544″ end_time=”5,4,45″ action_end_time=”show_text” content_position=”center” top_ditance=”10″ bottom_distance=”10″ ]This class is over.[/wpdevart_countdown]
? Listen to this recorded class:
? Class Rules:
- ? This class is FREE for all.
- ⏰ Class Time: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, from 9:00 to 10:00 pm (Iran)
- ? Watch this video on how to attend this free class.
- ? Study the archive of our previous classes.
- This FREE class is held on Discord. Download and install Discord on your device, then join our Discord server to attend this FREE class.
- Your 2 assignments that must be completed 24 hours before the class, i.e. until Tuesday, 9:00 pm (Iran):
? Relevant Audio / Video File:
⁉️ Questions about the video/audio file:
- According to the video, what is the best solution to an excessive fear of death?
- Have you ever practiced the techniques presented by the narrator? What’s your feedback about their effectiveness?
- Is there any other technique or method that you know in order to help us cope with death?
? Related Idioms and Expressions:
- Be at death’s door ➡ Be very ill and likely to die
- Death Phobia ➡ An extreme fear of death
- Mortality ➡ The condition of having to die
? ? Argue for/against:
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
? Photo Scanning:
? Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
? Call for Feedback:
McMillan and Chavis (1986) consider the following four factors to be the ingredients of establishing a sense of community in online classes: (1) comprising or a sense of belonging, (2) the ability to influence the group, (3) realization of needs through goals that are shared among the learners, and (4) rapport among the learners in the group. Among the above four elements, which one(s) do you consider to be more significant in creating a sense of community in L2 learners?