English Conversation Class on “Self-confidence”
An Inspiring Course for Intellectuals
- Session 83: Self-confidence
- Key Words: self-confidence, confidence, self-assurance – self-possession, etc.
- Class Time: Wednesday, May 25th, 2016, 21:00 to 22:00 (Iran’s Time Zone)
Use the audio player below to listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio/Video File:
- File Name: The Power of Forgiveness – The Science of Happiness
[ted id=1449 lang=en]
- Explain about Brian’s disheartening experience.
- What is Dr. Albert Bandura’s main area of interest in psychology?
- On what condition can you be creative and innovative?
- Please describe Dr. Bandura’s procedure to eradicate the phobia about snakes.
- What kind of change appeared in the participants’ behaviors after receiving or experiencing the treatment in the test?
- Which title did Dr. Bandura select for the process of obliterating snake phobia?
- What is meant by ‘self-efficacy’?
- How could Mr. Dietz pacify the children who were about to have an MRI scan?
- What was the lecturer’s chief ambition that could help him to survive that malignant type of cancer?
- What does the message of ‘touching the snake’ at the end of the presentation imply?
Related Idioms, Proverbs & Expressions:
- Take the wind out of one’s sails: Make somebody feel less confident
- Keep a stiff upper lip: Have the ability to stay calm and confident and hide your feelings in a difficult and upsetting situation
- Throw / pour cold water: Discourage a plan or idea
- If you have doubt in yourself in getting something done, just see if others have done it or not. If a lot of people have done it, it means that you can do it too.
- Always do the things that matter most in your life and you will constantly be confident.
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
This man is quite confident.
Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
Call for Feedback: