Tagged: compliment, honesty, semantics, social life, trust, truth
- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Dr. Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl.
- November 5, 2022 at 9:30 pm #110316
How do you react when someone gives you a compliment? Do you generally accept compliments, or do you normally conceive that you don’t really deserve the compliments?
- November 6, 2022 at 5:55 am #110330ArmaghanParticipant
In the past it was a bit hard for me to accept compliments, but after a few years, now I am learning to accept them. If I am doing a good job, I will notice that and If someone( a teacher or a friend) says a compliment I can accept it.
- November 9, 2022 at 10:09 pm #110438Farhang HooshmandParticipant
I usually express my gratitudes and respect toward who compliments me and sometimes reciprocate. I try not to have bad feeling about receiving compliment . I think that it can increase my self esteem and if I think I don’t deserve such compliment it can be a motivation for me to work on my weak points and progress in future.
- November 10, 2022 at 5:55 pm #110495
* toward those who compliment me
* have a bad feeling / have bad feelings
* receiving a compliment / receiving compliments
* in the future
- November 10, 2022 at 4:31 pm #110491soroo shaParticipant
I actually when someone give me compliments, most of the times I think that
I actually deserve that like……One week ago in mathematics exam I get TOP 1
And I get happy for 2 minutes.
I tell to my parents…..
My mother said: good job.
My mother compliments was very normal.
My dad: perfect soroosh , even in that night in the class with doctor you give your presentation veryyyyy nice.
I actually like more my dad compliments.
Okay at last I actually think I deserve compliments.
- November 10, 2022 at 6:02 pm #110496
* When someone gives me a compliment, I actually
* most of the time
* last week
* in the mathematics exam
* I got
* I told my parents about this event / success / what had happened
* My mother’s compliment was very normal
I agree with you, Soroosh. There is nothing wrong with getting positive energy from other people, especially our friends.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.