IELTS Speaking Practice on Gratitude
- IELTS Speaking Practice on Gratitude (Session 84)
- Key Words: gratitude, sense of gratitude, gratefulness, thankfulness, appreciation, etc.
- Class Time: Wednesday, June 1 , 2016, 21:00 to 22:00 (Iran’s Time Zone)
Use the audio player below to listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio/Video File:
- When you put up with something, what exactly do you do?
- What is the shared goal of all humans?
- Which one is the cause of the other, happiness or gratitude? Why?
- Describe the lecturer’s physical condition and his attitude toward it as shown in the presentation.
- On which two specific conditions is a sense of gratitude engendered in us?
- What is the relationship between the concept of carpe diem and a sense of gratitude?
- What is the gift within every gift?
- What is the main key to happiness according to the presenter?
- Are we supposed to be grateful for everything?
- What aren’t we supposed to be grateful for?
- When do we fail to enjoy life as an opportunity?
- Re-interpret this phrase: The road to peace is not a sprint, but it’s more like a marathon.
- When does our level of happiness reach its pinnacle?
- What is the 3-step prescription of the lecturer for obtaining happiness and gratitude?
- Explain about the way gratitude leads to happiness worldwide.
- Love and gratitude resolve all negativity.
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
Sometimes practicing gratitude won’t let us make any further attempt to succeed in life.
Please express your gratitude for…
Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
Call for Feedback:
You practice negotiation of meaning in your class on challenging topics. Do you like your teacher to interfere with your negotiation with your classmates, or do you like him to be neutral in your negotiation? Explain more.