IELTS Speaking Practice on Gratitude
- IELTS Speaking Practice on Gratitude (Session 84)
- Key Words: gratitude, sense of gratitude, gratefulness, thankfulness, appreciation, etc.
Use the audio player below to listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio/Video File:
Please listen to/watch this audio/video file (lecture, presentation, dialogue, audio-book, etc.) on our current subject before the class and try to answer the following questions:
- File Name: Want to be happy, be grateful.
- Lecturer: David Steindl-Rast
- When you put up with something, what exactly do you do?
- What is the shared goal of all humans?
- Which one is the cause of the other, happiness or gratitude? Why?
- Describe the lecturer’s physical condition and his attitude toward it as shown in the presentation.
- On which two specific conditions is a sense of gratitude engendered in us?
- What is the relationship between the concept of carpe diem and a sense of gratitude?
- What is the gift within every gift?
- What is the main key to happiness according to the presenter?
- Are we supposed to be grateful for everything?
- What aren’t we supposed to be grateful for?
- When do we fail to enjoy life as an opportunity?
- Re-interpret this phrase: The road to peace is not a sprint, but it’s more like a marathon.
- When does our level of happiness reach its pinnacle?
- What is the 3-step prescription of the lecturer for obtaining happiness and gratitude?
- Explain about the way gratitude leads to happiness worldwide.
Related Techniques to Learn English to Live Better from the creator of the LELB Society:
- Love and gratitude resolve all negativity.
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
Sometimes practicing gratitude won’t let us make any further attempt to succeed in life.
Please examine the photo below and try to come up with as many reasons as you can in support of the following statement:
Please express your gratitude for…
Call for Feedback:
Please help us to improve the quality of this class and our online community (LELB Society) by expressing your precious ideas about this question:
You practice negotiation of meaning in your class on challenging topics. Do you like your teacher to interfere with your negotiation with your classmates, or do you like him to be neutral in your negotiation? Explain more.
6 comments on “IELTS Speaking Practice on Gratitude”
4-Do you grateful even for your failures?
Are you grateful for …?
3. Please explain why this person is grateful.
2. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” What is implied by the aforementioned quotation?
Well-put, thank you.
1. How can you practice gratefulness?