Table of Contents
English Conversation Class on “Marriage”
- Session 80: Marriage
- Key Words: marriage, relationship, wedding, matrimony, nuptials, wedding ceremony, marriage ceremony, etc.
Listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio File:
Please listen to this audio file (lecture, presentation, dialogue, audio-book, etc.) on our current subject before the class and try to answer the following questions:
- What is the meaning of ‘triumph’?
- What is Satan’s desire about our marriage?
- What is the major problem of most people when it comes to marriage?
- According to the lecturer, how should we change our viewpoint about marriage?
- What is the sad definition of marriage?
- What is God’s definition of marriage?
- How can you explain the concept of marriage as a covenant?
- Which strategies should be employed to have good marriages?
- What is wrong with people and their unsuccessful marriages from God’s point of view?
- How does the devil initiate his satanic deception about your marriage?
Related Idioms, Proverbs & Expressions:
- Bachelor Party: A party for a man and his male friends before he gets married
- Bigamy: Having 2 spouses at the same time
- Born or conceived out of wedlock: Born or conceived by parents who are not married
- Bridesmaid: Bride’s attendant at wedding
- Maid of Honor: The most important bridesmaid at wedding
- Marriage Bureau: An organization that helps people find partners to marry
- Marriage Certificate: An official document that proves that two people are married
- Monogamy: Have just one spouse at the same time
- Polygamy: Have more than one spouse at the same time
- Temporary Marriage: Marriage that is legal for a short period of time
- Tie the knot: To get married
- Trophy Wife: A young beautiful woman who is married to a rich successful man who is much older than her
- Why is the rate of divorce so high in our country?
- Is marriage counseling – asking for consultation from specialized psychologists in family and marriage problems – necessary before marriage?
- Do you think that having children can necessarily consolidate marriage?
- Marriage is like a bird that need two agreeable and harmonious wings (the couple) to be able to soar in the sky. (Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl)
- Marriage is like an investment that you make into your spouse. (Jim Rohn)
Related Techniques to Learn English to Live Better from the creator of the LELB Society:
- You should take the engagement period more seriously.
- Your engagement period must be long enough to come to a more mature understanding.
- You should practice patience and forgiveness in your married life.
- It’s better to be familiar with mental differences between men and women to develop more empathy with your spouse.
- On some occasions, trial separation can help couples to overcome some of their marital problems. According to this technique, the couples do not see each other for a specified period of time. During this time, they reflect upon their married life and try to make judicious decisions about themselves and their spouses.
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. you cannot be neutral.
The time before marriage is more important than the time after marriage to take care of your married life when you have found your ideal spouse.
Please examine the photo below and try to come up with as many reasons as you can in support of the following statement:
“They are not happily married.”
Call for Feedback:
Please help us to improve the quality of this class and our online community (LELB Society) by expressing your precious ideas about this question:
How can useful and interesting topics increase your motivation for learning English?
7 comments on “English Conversation Class on Marriage”
4- What specific time do you think someone will become ready to marry?
It’s better to reword it this way: At which particular time do you think someone becomes ready for marriage?
3- What are your items for choosing your life partner?
We are not talking about life partnership. Instead, we are talking about spouses (wives or husbands). They are not the same.
what would you do if you see that your wife or husband does not obey you?
Do you think that your spouse (wife or husband) should obey you?
1. How would you react if you notice that your spouse (wife or husband) has been cheating on you?