English Conversation Class on “Marriage”
- Session 80: Marriage
- Key Words: marriage, relationship, wedding, matrimony, nuptials, wedding ceremony, marriage ceremony, etc.
- Class Time: Sunday, May 1st, 2016, 21:00 to 21:45 (Iran’s Time Zone)
Listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio File:
- What is the meaning of ‘triumph’?
- What is Satan’s desire about our marriage?
- What is the major problem of most people when it comes to marriage?
- According to the lecturer, how should we change our viewpoint about marriage?
- What is the sad definition of marriage?
- What is God’s definition of marriage?
- How can you explain the concept of marriage as a covenant?
- Which strategies should be employed to have good marriages?
- What is wrong with people and their unsuccessful marriages from God’s point of view?
- How does the devil initiate his satanic deception about your marriage?
Related Idioms, Proverbs & Expressions:
- Bachelor Party: A party for a man and his male friends before he gets married
- Bigamy: Having 2 spouses at the same time
- Born or conceived out of wedlock: Born or conceived by parents who are not married
- Bridesmaid: Bride’s attendant at wedding
- Maid of Honor: The most important bridesmaid at wedding
- Marriage Bureau: An organization that helps people find partners to marry
- Marriage Certificate: An official document that proves that two people are married
- Monogamy: Have just one spouse at the same time
- Polygamy: Have more than one spouse at the same time
- Temporary Marriage: Marriage that is legal for a short period of time
- Tie the knot: To get married
- Trophy Wife: A young beautiful woman who is married to a rich successful man who is much older than her
- Why is the rate of divorce so high in our country?
- Is marriage counseling – asking for consultation from specialized psychologists in family and marriage problems – necessary before marriage?
- Do you think that having children can necessarily consolidate marriage?
- Marriage is like a bird that need two agreeable and harmonious wings (the couple) to be able to soar in the sky. (Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl)
- Marriage is like an investment that you make into your spouse. (Jim Rohn)
Related Techniques to Learn English to Live Better from the creator of the LELB Society:
- You should take the engagement period more seriously.
- Your engagement period must be long enough to come to a more mature understanding.
- You should practice patience and forgiveness in your married life.
- It’s better to be familiar with mental differences between men and women to develop more empathy with your spouse.
- On some occasions, trial separation can help couples to overcome some of their marital problems. According to this technique, the couples do not see each other for a specified period of time. During this time, they reflect upon their married life and try to make judicious decisions about themselves and their spouses.
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. you cannot be neutral.
The time before marriage is more important than the time after marriage to take care of your married life when you have found your ideal spouse.
“They are not happily married.”
Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
Call for Feedback:
How can useful and interesting topics increase your motivation for learning English?