As Good As It Gets Movie Review in Film Criticism Course

Last updated on November 10th, 2023 by | Category: | 51 Views | Reading Time: 10 minutes
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

As Good As It Gets movie review in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program.

Source of image: IMDb

As Good As It Gets review

As Good as It Gets is a 1997 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by James L. Brooks, who co-wrote it with Mark Andrus. The film stars Jack Nicholson as a misanthropic, bigoted, and obsessive–compulsive novelist, Helen Hunt as a single mother with a chronically ill son, and Greg Kinnear as an artist. The film premiered in Regency Village Theatre on December 6, 1997, and was released in theaters on December 25, 1997, and was a critical and box office hit, grossing $314.1 million on a $50 million budget.

Source: Wikipedia

As Good As It Gets trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch As Good As It Gets trailer directly.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I saw this film like a few months ago and it really cool and nice. I really like the relationship of the old man and the dog, it was so cute , the dog really liked the way that the old man played the piano.

That was quite unexpected to see the main character making a connection with the dog.
        Feedback
        1. The old man was playing the piano (past continuous tense)
        2. it was really cool

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

The way that Jack Nickolson began to change his behavior was really interesting. He was so selfish at first but as it passed, he slightly became more friendly and showed his kind heart. It was amusing to watch him learning how to communicate in real life not in the books.

Well-written! I totally agree. He was changing a lot as he had enough motivation to go through the series of changes. He started from a misanthrope and got closer to a philanthrope by the end of the film.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.