IELTS Speaking Practice on People Skills
- Session 84
- Key Words: people skills, communication skills, interaction, interpersonal relationship, social skills, etc.
- Class Time: Wednesday, June 8 , 2016, 21:00 to 22:00 (Iran’s Time Zone)
Use the audio player below to listen to the podcast of this session:
Related Audio/Video File:
- File Name: The Art of Asking
- Lecturer: Amanda Palmer
- What was humiliating about the speaker’s job?
- How did the speaker and her team make progress with their project?
- How did people react to their music band?
- What does this expression mentioned in the lecture mean: “pass the hat around”?
- What sort of criticism did she receive from some people?
- What lesson could you get from this presentation?
- Why is it difficult for artists to perform the art of asking?
- Do you approve of her special point of view in the business of music? Why?
- How is celebrity defined by the spokesperson?
- How differently do the speaker and other musicians look at their customers as the main source of money?
- Be a student of those who are higher than you, a teacher of those who are lower than you, and a fellow-traveler of those who are at the same level. (Jack Canfield)
Please take an either positive or negative position to the statement below. You cannot be neutral. If all students have the same idea, the teacher will play devil’s advocate to have a heated argument.
Interpersonal communication is more important than intrapersonal communication.
These people have great interpersonal and people skills.
Reaching a Conclusion:
- At the end of each session, we try to come to an informed conclusion on the selected issue.
- The students are expected to take notes during the class and use their notes to reach a conclusion at the end of each session in around 2 minutes.
Call for Feedback: