Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron Analysis and Review

Last updated on December 7th, 2023 by | Category: | 88 Views | Reading Time: 12 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron review and analysis in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program

Source of image: IMDb

Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron review

The Solider and His Horse from Aesop with new vocabulary and video for English students

Set in the Old West in the late 19th century, the film follows Spirit, a Kiger mustang stallion (voiced by Matt Damon as a narrator), who is captured during the American Indian Wars by the United States Cavalry; he is eventually freed by a Lakota man named Little Creek with whom he bonds, as well as a mare named Rain. In contrast to the anthropomorphic style of animal characters in other animated features, Spirit and his fellow horses communicate with each other through non-linguistic sounds and body language (albeit with many human facial expressions and reactions).

Source: Wikipedia

Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron trailer directly.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

The theme of this animation was freedom. Like the name of the main track ” Homeland”, freedom is presented in this cartoon by being at home and where you are with your family.
      The story occurs during the war between indigenous people and the U.S. government. A Stallion got caught by humans due to his excessive curiosity. Through the movie, he tries to find a way home.

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

I really had a good time watching it. It was full of love, trust and being the way you are. I adore how Creek was a fully grown human and kind hearted. The way Spirit was so stubborn and didn’t give up on himself was really interesting.

Thank you for raising crucial points about the characters and plot of this animated movie in your flawless comment.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

At first of the movie I was getting bored, but little by little I started to like this film and it was so awesome and amazing. This movie was showing freedom to us.

Yes, you are right. Certainly, freedom is one of the most significant aspects of this animated movie. Thanks so much for your comment.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.