Terminator 2: Judgment Day Movie Analysis & Film Criticism

Last updated on April 7th, 2024 by | Category: | 69 Views | Reading Time: 12 minutes
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Terminator 2: Judgment Day movie analysis and review in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program

Source of image: Neil Oseman

Terminator 2: Judgment Day movie analysis

Ex Machina movie analysis and review in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students

Terminator 2: Judgment Day is considered one of the best science fiction, action, and sequel films ever made. It is also seen as a major influence on visual effects in films, helping usher in the transition from practical effects to reliance on computer-generated imagery. The United States Library of Congress selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry in 2023. Although Cameron intended for Terminator 2 to be the end of the franchise, it was followed by a series of sequels, including Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), Terminator Salvation (2009), Terminator Genisys (2015), and Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), as well as a 2008 television series.

Source: Wikipedia

Terminator 2: Judgment Day movie trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Terminator 2: Judgment Day movie trailer directly.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I watched Terminator 1 several years ago, and I must mention that, although “Judgment Day” was a sequel, it was a very successful movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sequel movies usually bore me, but that wasn’t the case with this one. I am very glad I watched this movie, and it was quite a lengthy one as well.

I’ve always admired James Cameron, the genius behind The Abyss, Titanic, Terminator series, Avatar, etc. When Terminator was released in 1984 (precisely 40 years ago), James Cameron could lucidly see through the future. No wonder why almost all of his film products have turned out to be best-sellers.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I really liked this film when I watched it 2 years ago. Actually I was really sad for the mother that hold so much pain in this film. At Terminator 1 the dad of the child in the future that saves the world came back from future to save his fiancée ( I am not sure about fiancée) and son , sacrifices himself to save his wife and son to save the world , WOW what a hero!!!

Fiancée is feminine, while fiancé is masculine. This is because these words have been borrowed from the French language in which even inanimate objects or entities are gender specific.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.