English Conversation Class
- This class is FREE for site members. If you are not a member yet, create a free account and join LELB Society.
- Class Time: Wednesdays, 9:00 to 10:00 pm (Iran)
- This class is ideal for preparing yourself for IELTS and TOEFL.
- Proficiency Level: Intermediate and/or above
- This group class is held on Skype. To join this class, add the teacher on Skype with this ID: hariri.mhha
- [skype-status skype_id=”hariri.mhha” user_name=”Hossein Hariri”]
- Click here to listen to the previous sessions of this English conversation class.
- Round Table is a question-and-answer activity in English.
- In each session, we will talk about a new interesting topic.
- Our main conversation would be on the basis of the questions that the students make and leave in the yellow comment form at the bottom of the corresponding page.
- You should make one single question about the topic of the next session and leave it in the yellow comment form at the bottom of the page of each conversation.
- If you don’t make any question, you are NOT allowed to participate in that session.
- For each session, you should watch and listen to a video/audio file on the page of the conversation before the class and prepare yourself for the corresponding questions about the file.
- This activity is very similar to the Listening Section of the IELTS and TOEFL exam.
- It is strongly recommended that you take notes while listening to or watching the file in order to be ready to answer the questions in the class.
- In each session, there will be a highly challenging question about the topic being discussed.
- You should respond to this question either positively or negatively (either yes or no).
- If all of you agree or disagree on the question, then the teacher would play devil’s advocate. That is, he would pretend to disagree with you to have a heated argument with the students.
- In each session, there will be an ambiguous photo about the assigned topic together with a statement.
- You should try to support the statement by referring to the details of the photo and scanning it.