Reply To: Forrest Gump Movie Review in Film Criticism Course Forum

Last updated on June 8th, 2023 by | Category: | 30 Views | Reading Time: 4 minutes

Tom Hanks’ role in Forrest Gump is so influential and positive that it has affected his following films as well, such as Cast Away. While watching Cast Away, I was not sure whether he was Chuck or Forrest Gump. I should admit that the beginning of the film was somewhat boring to me. Therefore, the first time I watched it, I thought I would be bored with that. Nevertheless, my expectations did not come true, and I began to like it more and more.

Forrest Gump is a man with low IQ but high EQ, optimism, and determination. He was mistreated by society and the people around him, but he did not take any offense. He literally made the impossible possible by becoming a successful entrepreneur, a romantic beau and husband with authentic and real emotions, and a caring father. I was shocked when I listened to his first reaction to becoming a father as being concerned about his son’s IQ.

He was the only survivor of the hardships of life in comparison to his colleagues and bosses simply because he had a winning mindset. Running for a person with physical disabilities like Forrest Gump is like playing a musical instrument for a person with hearing loss like Beethoven, and this is a perfect example of determination and resolution. Running in this movie is a symbol of taking action and moving forward, and sometimes without so much overthinking. From this point of view, I can compare Forrest Gump with the 2 active mice in Who Moved My Cheese?

Chat