English Quote on Perception by Helen Keller

Last updated on June 30th, 2023 by | Category: | 56 Views | Reading Time: 8 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

English quote on perception by Helen Keller for free discussion in our English conversation class.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.

By Helen Keller

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I surmise that it is somehow true. You cannot see something’s/someone’s beauty unless you feel it within. For instance one can be shown the most magnificent place/view and they will not show a reaction unless they change their perception and attitude.

I cannot completely agree on this viewpoint. First of all, this quote is by Helen Keller, an extraordinary person who lost her sight and hearing abilities. Nevertheless, even she wished she could have “Three Days to See“, as the title of one of her seminal articles. I can never ignore the beauty of sunrise on top of a mountain or disregard dulcet chirpings of birds or even crickets at night. I believe our mind should be trained to be tuned in to and acknowledge these natural beauties, and Helen Keller’s mind was so talented from this point of view.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

This is kinda true because Love is something that cannot be seen or even touched and they must be felt with the heart and that’s a fact

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.