Little Miss Sunshine Movie Review in Film Criticism

Last updated on November 17th, 2023 by | Category: | 129 Views | Reading Time: 13 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Little Miss Sunshine movie review and analysis in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students

Source of image: 10 Years Ago

Little Miss Sunshine review

Little Miss Sunshine is a 2006 American tragicomedy road film and the feature film directorial debut of the husband–wife team of Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris. The screenplay was written by first-time writer Michael Arndt. The film stars an ensemble cast consisting of Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Paul Dano, Abigail Breslin, and Alan Arkin, all of whom play members of a dysfunctional family taking the youngest (Breslin) to compete in a child beauty pageant. It was produced by Big Beach Films on a budget of US$8 million. Filming began on June 6, 2005, and took place over 30 days in Arizona and Southern California.

Source: Wikipedia

Little Miss Sunshine trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Little Miss Sunshine trailer directly.

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

This movie was really cute and unexpected to me. The death of Grandpa made me shock. In the end, Olive didn’t win the competition but she wasn’t a loser; As her Grandfather said: The real loser is the one who is so afraid of not winning that they don’t even try.

You’ve genuinely referred to one of the most important messages of this movie, which is trying your best to win without being obsessed with the final result.
        Feedback
        1. made me shock = shocked me / made me shocked

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I really enjoyed this movie and it help me to cheer up a bit. The main message was that there is no loser or winner, you just have to don’t give up and try. I loved the characters as well, every single one of them were unique, specially Olive, which was the sunshine of the family. And the thing that got my attention the most was the support of that family for Olive, the father, the brother, the uncle, the mother and the grandpa, all of them were such a good supporters. which I admired a lot.

Thanks a lot for your thorough comment.
        Feedback
        1. it help me = it helped me
        2. you just have to don’t give up = you just have to not give up
        3. every single one of them were = every single one of them was
        4. Olive, which was = Olive, who / that was …
        5. such a good supporters = such good supporters

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

This film is really was really interesting and the fact of this is that the life of this family was so hard but they were so happy. I really liked the behavior of olive and his brother. Olive was really cute.

Thank you for your comment, Soroosh. Yet, I need to say that, in my opinion, we were not watching a very happy family in this tragicomedy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.