- Your audience is an educated non-specialist person and not a university lecturer like the case in Writing Task 1. Therefore, your style need not be as formal as Writing Task 1.
- You are supposed to give your opinions, that is, argue for/against the subject.
- Your essay should include 250 words and you should write it in approximately 40 minutes.
- Before writing your essay, you should spend around 5 minutes planning what you are going to write. In this brainstorming activity, you should consider the following:
What is brainstorming?
“The internet will bring about a new freedom of information and so narrow the technology gap between developed and developing countries.”
Through brainstorming about the question above, you might come up with the following ideas:
- Difficult to censor
- Makes the copyright laws hard to enforce so difficult to keep technology secret
- Computing skills are necessary to operate the internet so new technology gap developing.
- Only the rich can afford access to the internet.
- Greater access to information.
- World-wide communication possible.
After brainstorming ideas, you should now organize them