- January 1, 2023 at 2:38 am #112170
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger comes from an aphorism by the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, in the nineteenth century. It’s all about the power of resilience and perseverance in life. However, some people dissent from this maxim, arguing that too much hardship and difficulty could enervate and incapacitate people. What do you think about this old saying?
- January 1, 2023 at 8:02 pm #112220Armaghan HoushmandParticipant
Well I guess this quote seems to be really interesting at the first glance but it is also really general and you cannot link something to everyone in the world, surely there are exceptions and I am agreed with the second part of this question. I think the tolerance level of hardship and difficulty is something comparative and it is not the same for everybody. For this reason many cannot tolerate a particular level of difficulty
- January 1, 2023 at 9:05 pm #112225
I totally agree with you on various resilience levels in different people. You cannot expect all people to have the same personality traits and react to a single situation similarly. I can back up my argument with another maxim that reads “different strokes for different folks“. In addition, I’d like to say that sometimes we don’t really need to tolerate a critical situation. Instead, we could innovatively find out novel ways to bypass the issue without tolerating any difficulty. My point is that we should not act like bigots or narrow-minded people. I mean we’re supposed to work smarter not harder.
For this reason, it’s not surprising to note that some lazy but smart people can sometimes think of and devise extremely operational methods for dealing with critical situations.
- at the first glance = at first glance
- I am agreed with = I agree with
- You forgot to finish your last sentence with a dot.
- January 6, 2023 at 10:12 am #112353Farhang HooshmandParticipant
- January 6, 2023 at 5:59 pm #112366
Thanks for voicing your opinion about perseverance.
* may result in to progress = it may result in progress
* It my even change = it may even change
* mor = more
* You really need to proofread your writings before submitting them.
- January 6, 2023 at 10:14 am #112354Farhang HooshmandParticipant
Challenge us and if we …
- January 6, 2023 at 5:55 pm #112365
Thanks for assessing yourself and your writing.
- January 6, 2023 at 7:13 pm #112371Soroosh HoushmandParticipant
I’m agree with this because if you want to be better you most do this.
- January 6, 2023 at 7:25 pm #112372
For sure, perseverance is one of the keys to success, and there is no doubt about it. However, it should be mixed with awareness and logic.
* I agree
* most = must
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.