English Quote on Planning Ahead by Robert Louis Stevenson

Last updated on June 25th, 2023 by | Category: | 252 Views | Reading Time: 9 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

English quote on planning ahead for success by Robert Louis Stevenson for discussion in our conversation class.

Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

By Robert Louis Stevenson

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

The message I get from this quote is not to judge a day by the result and the outcome you receive but by the effort and hard work you put into it.

In other words, this quote wants to tell us that success takes time. The bigger the goal is, the more time and hard work it takes to get it. And one should be patient in their way.

This quote by Robert Louis Stevenson wants to convey this message to us that we shall not be fooled or overjoyed by temporary achievements. This is a blatant or flagrant mistake that many people, especially businessmen and entrepreneurs, make simply because they don’t try to predict the future or reconsider and update their long-term goals or plans. The result might be bankruptcy or a dramatic collapse. This methodology is on the basis of the cumulative effect principle telling us that she should get better and better over time.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I didn’t get very much but I think it means that you must be have a deep seeing at your work.??

You’re right, Soroosh. This quote aims to instill in us that we need to see through the future and predict it to some extent.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.