Million Dollar Baby Movie Analysis in Film Criticism

Last updated on January 13th, 2024 by | Category: | 102 Views | Reading Time: 13 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Million Dollar Baby movie analysis and review in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program

Source of image: Slant Magazine

Million Dollar Baby movie analysis

Physical exercise benefits reading practice in English with vocabulary and video

In early 2005, the Million Dollar Baby movie sparked controversy when some disability rights activists protested the ending. The Disability Rights Education Fund released a statement about the film in February 2005 that included the following: “Perhaps the most central stereotype fueling disability prejudice is the mistaken assumption inherent in the message of the movie about the quality of life of individuals with disabilities.

Source: Wikipedia

Million Dollar Baby movie trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Million Dollar Baby movie trailer directly.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I have watched this movie a few years ago for the first time and since, it haven’t gotten out of my head.
      It was heart breaking, sad and touching.
      I was also inspired my Maggie’s endeavor and determination.
      ** Spoiler Alert:
      I also got from the movie that death can also be the path to freedom and liberation. Maggie was a dear to Frankie but after he saw her suffering and her affliction, at last he let her go.

Feedback
        1. I have watched this movie a few years ago = I watched this movie a few years ago (simple past tense)
        2. and since, it haven’t gotten out of my head = and since then, it hasn’t gotten out of my head
        3. I was also inspired my Maggie’s endeavor and determination. = I was also inspired by Maggie’s endeavor and determination.
        4. Maggie was a dear to Frankie = Maggie was dear to Frankie (used as an adjective)

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

This movie showed that loosing and death is not always a bad thing. Maggie lost the game but she was a champion. I really loved the way she handled and overcame the difficulties and problems. She was so tough and always had the smile on. She was not only the champion of boxing but she was also champion of resistance, braveness and kindness. Her death broke my heart but I liked the ending.

Feedback
        1. loosing and death is not always a bad thing = losing and death are not always bad things
        2. and always had the smile on = and always had a smile on her face
        3. champion of resistance = the champion of resistance

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I’d actually saw this film with my sister some few years ago and I pretty much hate it, Specially the last secne.

Feedback
        1. I’d actually saw this film with my sister some few years ago = I saw this film with my sister a few years ago (simple past tense)
        2. secne =scene

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.