- January 13, 2024 at 8:51 pm #123626
Million Dollar Baby movie analysis and review in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program
Source of image: Slant Magazine
Million Dollar Baby movie analysis
In early 2005, the Million Dollar Baby movie sparked controversy when some disability rights activists protested the ending. The Disability Rights Education Fund released a statement about the film in February 2005 that included the following: “Perhaps the most central stereotype fueling disability prejudice is the mistaken assumption inherent in the message of the movie about the quality of life of individuals with disabilities.
Million Dollar Baby movie trailer
If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Million Dollar Baby movie trailer directly.
- January 17, 2024 at 7:35 pm #123742Armaghan HoushmandParticipant
I have watched this movie a few years ago for the first time and since, it haven’t gotten out of my head.
It was heart breaking, sad and touching.
I was also inspired my Maggie’s endeavor and determination.
** Spoiler Alert:
I also got from the movie that death can also be the path to freedom and liberation. Maggie was a dear to Frankie but after he saw her suffering and her affliction, at last he let her go.
- January 17, 2024 at 11:12 pm #123745
1. I have watched this movie a few years ago = I watched this movie a few years ago (simple past tense)
2. and since, it haven’t gotten out of my head = and since then, it hasn’t gotten out of my head
3. I was also inspired my Maggie’s endeavor and determination. = I was also inspired by Maggie’s endeavor and determination.
4. Maggie was a dear to Frankie = Maggie was dear to Frankie (used as an adjective)
- January 17, 2024 at 10:23 pm #123743PARNIAN HUSHParticipant
This movie showed that loosing and death is not always a bad thing. Maggie lost the game but she was a champion. I really loved the way she handled and overcame the difficulties and problems. She was so tough and always had the smile on. She was not only the champion of boxing but she was also champion of resistance, braveness and kindness. Her death broke my heart but I liked the ending.
- January 17, 2024 at 11:05 pm #123744
1. loosing and death is not always a bad thing = losing and death are not always bad things
2. and always had the smile on = and always had a smile on her face
3. champion of resistance = the champion of resistance
- January 19, 2024 at 5:59 pm #123818Soroosh HoushmandParticipant
I’d actually saw this film with my sister some few years ago and I pretty much hate it, Specially the last secne.
- January 19, 2024 at 10:29 pm #123825
1. I’d actually saw this film with my sister some few years ago = I saw this film with my sister a few years ago (simple past tense)
2. secne =scene
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.