About Schmidt Movie Analysis in Film Criticism Course

Last updated on December 31st, 2023 by | Category: | 109 Views | Reading Time: 13 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

About Schmidt movie analysis and review in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English Immersion Program

Source of image: Roger Ebert

About Schmidt movie analysis

The Oldman and His Grandson English Fairy Tale at LELB Society with podcast and flashcards

About Schmidt drew praise from a number of critics, who singled out the performance of Jack Nicholson and Kathy Bates. Film website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 85% based on 203 reviews, with an average rating of 7.71/10. The site’s critical consensus reads, “In this funny, touching character study, Nicholson gives one of the best performances of his career.” On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 85 out of 100, based on 40 critics, indicating “universal acclaim”. Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of “B” on an A+ to F scale.

Source: Wikipedia

About Schmidt movie trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch About Schmidt movie trailer directly.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I have too admit that at first the movie bored me.
      But as I went through the movie it became more interesting and I was really curious to see whether Schmidt can prevent the wedding or not.
      Secondly, I kept asking what the movie is trying to say and here is what I found: Warren asked himself whether he had a positive effect on life and the earth and at the end he got a letter from the six-year-old African boy (Ndugu), whom he have never met and his painting that they were holding hands. Ndugu was happy to have Schmidt.

Thank you for your comment.
        Feedback
        1. I have too admit = I have to admit
        2. whether Schmidt can prevent = whether Schmidt could prevent
        3. what the movie is trying to say = what the movie was trying to say
        4. at the end vs. in the end
        5. whom he have never met = whom he had never met

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

This movie was really boring and I think that Schmidt just wanted to somehow learn more about his life.he really talked weird and it just made me frustrated.

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

It is so sad and frustrating to look back and find that we have been totally unaware of those important things that we should consider and take care of. Schmitt realized that he had been so much busy with his works that was near totally unaware of his beloved wife and daughter. He also found that how new generation may totally be in difference with their previous generation and behave differently and believe in new methods even in running a business.

Thank you for your comments on the film, About Schmidt.
        Feedback
        1. so much busy = much so busy
        2. with his works = with his work (usually singular)
        3. that was near totally unaware = that he was … (This clause must have a subject as well.)
        4. new generation = the new generation
        5. methods in = methods of / for

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.