The Pianist Movie Review in Film Criticism Course Forum

Last updated on December 23rd, 2023 by | Category: | 58 Views | Reading Time: 14 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The Pianist movie review and analysis in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students. Join LELB Society’s students and criticize great English films every week.

Source of image: IMDb

The Pianist movie review

Roman Polanski’s new movie, ”The Pianist,” is based on the memoirs of Wladyslaw Szpilman, a star of Polish radio and cafe society in the 1930’s and a member of Warsaw’s assimilated Jewish middle class, who lived through the Nazi occupation and the Warsaw ghetto.

Saving Private Ryan movie review and analysis in Film Criticism Course Forum for advanced ESL students

Szpilman’s recollections, published shortly after the war, offer, like other such books, a deeply paradoxical impression of the Holocaust. Accounts of survival, that is, are both representative and anomalous; they at once record this all but unimaginable historical catastrophe and, without intentional mendacity or inaccuracy, distort it.

Source: The New York Times

The Pianist movie trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch The Pianist movie trailer directly.

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

This movie was really heartbreaking. The way Germans treated Jewish people was really annoying and upsetting.
      Wladek had such an inspiring personality, he managed to get trough all that stuff during six years of war such as the loss of his hole family.
      The German solider amazed me. He could easily kill Wladek but he didn’t. I wanted him to be saved by Wladek as well but I suppose not everything goes great in real life.
      By the end of the movie, my heart was full of cheer for Wladek, he could finally achieve what he wanted, to be a great pianist.

This film was really good and heart breaking and sad. He’d really haved a dark life and he was really bad lucky . I rate the film 8.5/10 , it’s really deserved it. But the reason that why I didn’t give it 10 because it’s depressing.

Thank you for your comment.
        Feedback
        * heartbreaking (with no space)
        * He’d really haved a dark life = He did really have a dark life
        * it really deserved it
        * the reason that why I didn’t give it 10 = the reason why I didn’t give it 10

To be prepared for this role, Adrien Brody gave up his apartment and his car, broke up with his girlfriend, learned to play Chopin on Piano, and lost 30 pounds. His outstanding performance brought him an academy award and his Oscar was well deserved.

There are so many movies made about the sad things happened to Jewish people through WWII. Such unfair and cruel destiny they had.

The scene that touched me the most was when Szpilman was playing again in studio after the war and he saw his friend and started crying while playing.

Such useful and interesting information! Thank you so much.
        Feedback
        * … the sad things happened to = … the sad things happening to

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.