A Beautiful Mind Movie Review in Film Criticism Course

Last updated on August 18th, 2023 by | Category: | 85 Views | Reading Time: 16 minutes
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

A Beautiful Mind movie review and analysis in film criticism course forum for advanced ESL students based on the English immersion program. Join LELB Society’s students and members to attend our film criticism course for free.

A Beautiful Mind movie review

A Beautiful Mind is a 2001 American biographical drama film directed by Ron Howard. Written by Akiva Goldsman, its screenplay was inspired by Sylvia Nasar’s 1998 biography of the mathematician John Nash, a Nobel Laureate in Economics. A Beautiful Mind stars Russell Crowe as Nash, along with Ed Harris, Jennifer Connelly, Paul Bettany, Adam Goldberg, Judd Hirsch, Josh Lucas, Anthony Rapp, and Christopher Plummer in supporting roles. The story begins in Nash’s days as a brilliant but asocial mathematics graduate student at Princeton University. After Nash accepts secret work in cryptography, his life takes a turn for the nightmarish.

Source: Wikipedia

A Beautiful Mind movie trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch A Beautiful Mind movie trailer directly.

A Beautiful Mind movie analysis

Reprogram Your Mind - Learn English to Live Better at LELB Society with podcast and flashcards to improve reading, listening and vocabulary

A Beautiful Mind, American biographical film, released in 2001, that told the story of American Nobel Prize winner John Nash, whose innovative work on game theory in mathematics was in many ways overshadowed by decades of mental illness. Parts of the film, which is set largely on the campus of Princeton University against a backdrop of Cold War intrigue, are seen from Nash’s delusional perspective. The movie, directed by Ron Howard and based loosely on Sylvia Nasar’s 1998 biography of Nash, won four Academy Awards, including that for best picture.

Source: Britannica

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

It is said that genius people don’t get to live a normal life, so it was for John Nash. He was such a brilliant and kind-hearted person but unfortunately, everything comes with a price.
      I have to say that the plot twist somehow blew my mind. I couldn’t have a clew what was really going on.
      I also admire Alicia’s patience and care for John, after all that happened she still chose to stay with him and not leave his side.

Well-written with a literary style!
        Feedback
        * genius people = people of genius / geniuses
        * everything comes at a price
        * clew = clue
        * (better to write): I had no clue on what was really going on

A Beautiful Mind is a great film presenting a mind that was not much so beautiful, as John Nash was schizophrenic, paranoid, and delusional. Nevertheless, he did all he could to organize his thoughts and engineer a beautiful mind out of a messy one. His painstaking efforts and perseverance beautified his mind and mentality.

In my modest opinion, what John Nash did to harness his mentality was by far more splendid and admirable than the conquest of Mt. Everest by a paralyzed person. That’s why I believe this victory was his crowning achievement and was even more significant than his Nobel Prize.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

This film by itself was really good in that year that have been maded and I really did like it I give a 8 out of 10 and if I want talk about the one of the things I want to say is that pepole like John Nash ( John Nash was an American Mathematician that was a Nobel prize winner and had a chaos life because of he’s psychosis illness) have really hard and chaos life.

Thank you, Soroosh, for your comment!
        Feedback
        * maded = made
        * chaos life = chaotic life
        * psychosis illness = psychotic illness

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

D.r Hariri thank you very much for giving me feedback I appreciate that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.