- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 months, 1 week ago by Dr. Mohammad Hossein Hariri Asl.
- May 7, 2022 at 5:13 am #103399Dr. Mohammad Hossein Hariri AslKeymaster
English question about insomnia
- What would you do if you noticed that unless you changed your favorite job for another one with lower income, you would have horrid insomnia and nightmares every night?
- What are you willing to do in order to avoid having nightmares or bad dreams?
- May 12, 2022 at 9:41 am #103614ArmaghanParticipant
1: In response to the first question, Yes! I would certainly panicked for the first few days and for sure I would got an insomnia. But I am not sure that if I would got horrid nightmares too or not.
2: When I was in the 10th grade, I had really bad sleeps, I had horrific nightmares and for a few months I sufferd from insomnia. After a few time I realized It was because of the huge amount of stress that I had.
Now days , to avoid nightmares and insomnia, I meditate before sleeping to calm my brain and turn of my thoughts.
- May 12, 2022 at 5:23 pm #103623Dr. Mohammad Hossein Hariri AslKeymaster
As you mentioned stress and insomnia and having nightmares are closely intertwined. To avoid nightmares, some people superficially take sleeping pills, which I believe, could exacerbate the situation.
Practicing meditation before going to bed is a reliable technique to calm you down and deepen your sleep.
However, I think you can never turn off your thoughts completely. You can filter out negativity, though.
- after ‘would’ and other modal auxiliaries, always use bare infinities.
- Insomnia is uncountable.
- after a few times
- I suffered
- turn off my thoughts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.