Sense of Integrity English Question for Discussion

Last updated on October 18, 2022 by with 39 Views and Reading Time: 11 minutes
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Sense of integrity

In an excellent restaurant, after eating an expensive and decent meal, you realize that, in your check, you were not charged for one of the expensive things you already ate. Would you care to inform the waiter or waitress? Why?

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

If I am wealthy enough to eat in and excellent expensive restaurant, then why would I not pay for the forgotten meal?

That’s a good point. However, you might rationalize that the meal wasn’t really worth that handsome amount of money. Actually, I’ve seen many rich people who are so stingy, as well.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I actually care and go tell them.
      Because if don’t pay for that food and go on I well get a really bad feelings that I don’t pay for that food

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

I inform them. If I do not not do that I always be ashamed of myself thinking that I behaved like a dishonest person. I think morality is one of the main pillars of a society and it affects other people and spread like a nice fragrance everywhere or contaminate other people like a serious contagious illness.

You’re absolutely right about the impact of morality on society. A clear conscience will lead to an abundance of self-esteem. When we do something wrong, subconsciously, we know that there might be dire consequence.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.