- January 9, 2023 at 9:59 am #112417
Have you ever thought of setting new year’s resolutions in 2023? What’s your idea about new year’s resolutions? How can you make best new year’s resolutions?
Video on new year’s resolutions
What do you have to say about the points made and discussed in the video?
- January 9, 2023 at 12:01 pm #112431Armaghan HoushmandParticipant
No I haven’t yet thought of setting a new year’s resolutions for 2023,
I think writing your goals on a paper makes you more clear that what do you really want to achieve in the following year and what kind of person do you want to become.
I think the best way to write the good new year’s resolutions is to write small habits too.
The small habits that can change you in a good way in a long term. I make sure that you will be dedicated to this habits.
And about the video I found his speech helpful, specially when he said that the process is more important that the goal and the person that you will become by doing those beneficial habits.
- January 9, 2023 at 11:38 pm #112449
For a while, I’ve been using Google Calendar and Google Tasks to raise the level of my consciousness or awareness about my life, thoughts, habits, and actions. I’ve used several other apps to get organized, but I’d like to stick to Google Calendar for the following three reasons:
- You can look into your past life very easily, or even search some special occasions or events, thereby increasing your metacognition or awareness about your current behavior as you know that what you do now is being recorded for future evaluation.
- Your to-do list on Google Calendar also includes Google Tasks, and what you do on your desktop is easily synched with your mobile app, or vice versa.
- This app can remind you about some future meetings, events, occasions, etc. so that you won’t need to be worried about forgetting them. Furthermore, you can use various colors regarding your various tasks, which is so useful and intriguing for me.
- January 12, 2023 at 7:21 pm #112533Farhang HooshmandParticipant
As James Clare mentioned tiny changes in our habits little by little results in a big change that is even more important than a new year resolution that by itself does not lead to change in our mindset and behavior.
- January 12, 2023 at 9:14 pm #112540
That’s right. We should be patient and try to enjoy the lengthy and transformative course of life. Big changes do not come to us overnight, and for this reason, we really need to make and reinforce positive habits. Habit formation and refinement are ongoing and lifetime endeavors. Therefore, getting better and better in the long run is the key to success and transformation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.