- August 7, 2022 at 2:53 pm #107980
- August 7, 2022 at 7:35 pm #108020
If I go with happiness that means I will have low IQ? In that case I would prefer high IQ. But If I can have my current IQ percentage or at least an average IQ, I would go with happiness.
- August 7, 2022 at 7:57 pm #108022
That’s right. The question is actually reflecting the matter of either THIS or THAT. In English, you can say, “you cannot have your cake and eat it too”. In fact, the question is evident by itself.
- August 8, 2022 at 8:59 am #108023
Alright, in that case I would choose to have high IQ. Because in that case maybe I would invent something and I don’t want to be known as silly.
- August 8, 2022 at 3:13 pm #108035
That’s quite understandable. Generally, it’s believed that people endowed with high IQ might not live very happily as they tend to analyze matters around them excessively. We can discuss that in the class, though.
- August 8, 2022 at 9:00 am #108024
be known as a silly person.*
- August 8, 2022 at 3:08 pm #108034
Noted. Thank you for correcting your own comment.
- August 8, 2022 at 3:56 pm #108036
By the way, I’ve got a suggestion for you!
Each one of you can give a short lecture / presentation in the class on pre-specified topics lasting for around 5 minutes. Then all of us would ask the lecturer some questions about the topic. Mispronunciations will also be corrected.
Let’s vote on it, please.
- August 11, 2022 at 4:02 pm #108084Farhang HooshmandParticipant
I do not like to be a low IQ stupid person even in expense of losing happiness. From years ago some people believed that knowing more decrease your level of joyfulness . With each step of increasing knowledge it appears that you do not know nothing. May be it is the reason why wise people are more silent. But I like this kind of sillence.
- August 11, 2022 at 5:23 pm #108090
1. you do know know anything
2. knowing more decreases
3. maybe vs. may be
- August 11, 2022 at 4:59 pm #108087Farhang HooshmandParticipant
- August 11, 2022 at 5:24 pm #108091
1. I choose not to be
- October 18, 2022 at 5:08 pm #109869Hajar Aziz ZanjaniKeymaster
I don’t like to have low IQ instead be more happier. Because in this case, others could not understand me and I could not communicate with them properly. Often, people enjoy spending time with someone that is smart and intelligent.
On the other hand, when I have low IQ, I could not learn and experience new things. So, I could not enjoy of my life because of could not use of my mind and cognitive skills.
- October 18, 2022 at 7:42 pm #109875
* instead of being happier
* I could not enjoy my life
* because of not being able to use my …
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.