An English Question about Happiness and IQ

Last updated on August 7, 2022 by with 32 Views and Reading Time: 17 minutes
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

If you had to choose between happiness and low IQ, which one would you go for? Why?

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

If I go with happiness that means I will have low IQ? In that case I would prefer high IQ. But If I can have my current IQ percentage or at least an average IQ, I would go with happiness.

That’s right. The question is actually reflecting the matter of either THIS or THAT. In English, you can say, “you cannot have your cake and eat it too”. In fact, the question is evident by itself.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

Alright, in that case I would choose to have high IQ. Because in that case maybe I would invent something and I don’t want to be known as silly.

That’s quite understandable. Generally, it’s believed that people endowed with high IQ might not live very happily as they tend to analyze matters around them excessively. We can discuss that in the class, though.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

be known as a silly person.*

By the way, I’ve got a suggestion for you!
      Each one of you can give a short lecture / presentation in the class on pre-specified topics lasting for around 5 minutes. Then all of us would ask the lecturer some questions about the topic. Mispronunciations will also be corrected.
      Let’s vote on it, please.

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

I do not like to be a low IQ stupid person even in expense of losing happiness. From years ago some people believed that knowing more decrease your level of joyfulness . With each step of increasing knowledge it appears that you do not know nothing. May be it is the reason why wise people are more silent. But I like this kind of sillence.

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

I choose not to not be a stupid person and I want to have a very high IQ like 200.
      Because I want to be like a scientist.
      But if I could have the same IQ as I have I will choose happiness 😊

I don’t like to have low IQ instead be more happier. Because in this case, others could not understand me and I could not communicate with them properly. Often, people enjoy spending time with someone that is smart and intelligent.
      On the other hand, when I have low IQ, I could not learn and experience new things. So, I could not enjoy of my life because of could not use of my mind and cognitive skills.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.