Physical Attractiveness in English Conversation Questions

Last updated on December 17, 2022 by with 36 Views and Reading Time: 12 minutes

LELB Society: A Bilingual Academy of English & Persian Forums English Conversation Questions for Adults Physical Attractiveness in English Conversation Questions

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Physical attractiveness

Are you willing to reduce your longevity or life expectancy by five years in order to become outstandingly attractive? Support your answer with reasons.

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

My answer is no. Because first of all I am ok with my current physical appearance and second, physical look is not something that lasts forever. But if I wanted to become an actor, a singer or a model, I would go for it.

That’s quite a logical answer to this question! First of all, I should say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it means that physical beauty and appearance are, to a high extent, relative. Second of all, I’ve seen many people who are not that physically charming or attractive, yet they do own charismatic abilities and a great sense of magnetism.

What’s more, being extremely attractive might have its own drawbacks, as well. For instance, you cannot lead a normal life and enjoy it in the long run as your privacy might be violated from time to time.

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

I prefer to be an average and healthy person not outstandingly attractive. If I can live longer in a good and healthy way and be useful for both society , my family and myself I would like to live longer. Attractiveness by itself does not be so important to exchange it with a healthy productive life.

Having a productive life is much better and more important than being physically attractive, in my opinion. It’s all about the depth or width of your life, and I choose the former, that is, the depth of life.

As the founder and chief administrator of LELB Society, which is a bilingual academy of English and Persian, my professional career and life are merged with a high level of productivity. I believe that you can easily compensate for any lack of physical attractiveness (if there is any) through motivation, productivity, people skills, and the like.

Take the case of Stephen Hawking, for example. He was not physically attractive, especially toward the end of his life. However, he was highly motivated and active despite his physical disability.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I don’t care about that .
      My answer is NO !
      Because I want to be alive with my family as I can .
      I love my family more than anything.

Such a firm and straightforward remark! It’s clear that loving your family comes first compared to other factors in life, for which I do admire you! Just remember that the question is not directly related to your connection with your family, but your life expectancy or longevity.

In other words, it concerns the quantity of life as opposed to its quality. People could have a pretty short life but stay so close and intimate to their family members, and also vice versa. You also mentioned “as long as possible”, and from that vantage point, it’s clear that you like to be in close touch with your family members as long as possible.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.