Insomnia definition in context with images and synonyms from the book, Vocabulary for the College-Bound Student. Learn the word, insomnia, in short authentic context about sleep disorders and improve your reading comprehension.
Table of Contents
the state of being sleep deprived or in debt of sleep, sleeplessness, the inability to sleep, restlessness, wakefulness
Insomnia means you regularly have problems sleeping. It usually gets better by changing your sleeping habits.
Check if you have insomnia. You have insomnia if you regularly:
- find it hard to go to sleep
- wake up several times during the night
- lie awake at night
- wake up early and cannot go back to sleep
- still feel tired after waking up
- find it hard to nap during the day even though you’re tired
- feel tired and irritable during the day
- find it difficult to concentrate during the day because you’re tired
Source of example: https://www.nhs.uk/
Parts of speech