Outgoing Personality English Conversation Questions Forum

Last updated on October 29th, 2022 by | Category: | 42 Views | Reading Time: 12 minutes

LELB Society: A Bilingual Academy of English & Persian Forums English Conversation Questions for Adults Outgoing Personality English Conversation Questions Forum

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Outgoing personality

How differently would you act and what different things would you do if you were as uninhibited and outgoing as you wished? Do you generally form new friendships or react to other people’s offers of friendship?

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

I wish I were a bit more outgoing and extroverted. In my entire life, I had no friends at all or had just close friends. Not many friends, because I can’t trust easily.
      And sometimes I think, maybe that would be better if more people were in my life. And if someone offers a friendship to me, I can accept it, but then it takes a lot of time for me to know the person better and be a close friend.

Testing friendship bond

In response to your comment on trusting new friends, I can say that we, humans, are highly social, and therefore, we must trust others, to some extent. That would be some degree of xenophobia if we failed to trust new acquaintances, which in the long term, would seriously tighten and constrict the circle of our friends.

I guess it’s a better idea to be more optimistic about the decent intentions of new people around us. However, as a cautious and introverted person, I believe we need to evaluate and analyze new people and acquaintances’ behavior and give more and more credit to them as they successfully pass some benchmarks or criteria.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

I’m not an outgoing person and I don’t like to be.
      Because I can’t handle so much freinds But i dont care.
      I maybe just have 10 normal friends and 3 best friends .

Feedback
        * so many friends

I like the way you respond to this situation. Sometimes, we cannot or even should not change some specific personality traits.

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

I prefer to control my emotions. I learned to be more cateious and think about anything before expressing my feelings or commenting about it.
      And about friendship I usually try to know somebody to some extent before accepting their Freindship or making new friends.

* cautious
        * friendship

I think you did not get the question right. There could be outgoing people who are cautious and thoughtful, as well. The question is all about gregariousness or sociability, and not specifically about controlling your emotions. We can talk about that in the class.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.