- May 20, 2022 at 5:14 am #104110
- How much attention do you pay to your social life and the circle of your friends?
- What kind of people do you like to spend time with and socialize?
- What do such people bring out in you that others do not or cannot?
- What can people learn about you by looking at your friends?
- Do you believe in the English proverb that reads “a man is known by the company he keeps”?
- May 24, 2022 at 12:32 pm #104365ArmaghanParticipant
1. I really pay attention to what kinds of people I am gathering around myself. It is really important to me and I spent lots of time in high school that are my friends good persons? Or I am sticking to them because I am just trying to be nice and can not say no, or because they are really nice people and I can learn from them.
2. People who have wide attitude and talk politely and are open minded.
3. I am a quiet person and can’t open up with others easily at all unless I am really comfortable with those people and I know them. So, when I am with my friends I can easily talk and share my thoughts with out worrying to be judged.
4. I really do not know the answer to this question. It would be easier If I ask others to figure out. I hope it would I come up with nice answers.
5. I absolutely believe in this proverb. It is a good and easy way to have a first general acquaintance on someone.
- May 24, 2022 at 8:49 pm #104368
In response to the 3rd question, I should say that I also like to socialize with nonchalant people. Yet, sometimes I ask my friends to criticize me, of course, I only make this request from my sincere and close friends who know me very well. I believe sometimes I cannot see some of my weaknesses myself. However, I don’t like to gather around those who voluntarily impose their unsolicited criticism.
4. As a hyper-sensitive person who is also highly introverted, the circle of my friends is really small. Nevertheless, by taking a casual look at my friends, it would be easily noticeable that I must be a pensive, taciturn and creative person.
- May 26, 2022 at 6:28 pm #104517Farhang HooshmandParticipant
Unfortunately we are too busy these days to spend time with our friends and socialize with them. But I think nothing in the world is much satisfying comparing to spending leisure time with family and friends. If we have the chance of having qualified, knowledgeable and good friends little by little we learn more from them and eventually will be more similar to them. There is a famous poem from great Persian poet Saadi who said the excellence of your company can affect you and totally change you as those changes which happen in ordinary soil by accompaniment to roses and acquiring the sent of roses as the result of their accompaniment. I deeply believed that we can know somebody by looking his/her close friends. Everybody is reflection of his/her friends. In other words a man is known by the company he keeps”.
- May 26, 2022 at 9:13 pm #104522
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.