- June 3, 2022 at 1:00 pm #104887
English question about time management skills for discussion in our conversation classes
- June 9, 2022 at 11:13 am #105107Armaghan HoushmandParticipant
1. If you asked me this question a month ago, I would have said that no. I think that time is just flying by at lights speed, and I do not know what is really going on. I really felt like the seconds, minuets and hours are vanishing away from my hands like sand.
2. I suppose I did not get up early and that made me really feel bad about myself. and I spend to much of my time wasting on social media.
3. I guess the older I am getting, the more I realize how much time managing is important.
4. Yes and no. Because I still have a long way a head of me.
- June 9, 2022 at 2:20 pm #105114
Some degree of waste of time is quite normal because we are not robots or automatons, and sometimes various types of emotions just kick in and deviate us from perfectly managing our time. After all, I believe strict and hectic time management makes one’s life miserable and sad, although I’m a big fan of time management.
The point is that, I believe, we must be aware of what we are doing and where we are heading, and enjoy the lengthy journey of life.
I completely agree with you on being an early bird. In English, we say, “an early bird catches the worm“, particularly, the first hour of each day has a marvelous effect on the rest of the day. Therefore, we need to start our day brilliantly.
* If you had asked me this question (Conditional Sentence Type 3)
* at light speed / at the speed of light
* too much / so much
- June 9, 2022 at 4:32 pm #105141Farhang HooshmandParticipant
Nearly always in my life I felt short of time. I always have something to do and my works never seem to finish so I think I am behind the time and behind schedules. I consider myself not a lazy person but why I am always behind the schedules is one of my distressing problems. As I grew older this filling grew larger and my shortage of time became even worse. May be the time passes quicker than before. I remember when I was a child it tools a long time that summer arrived and exams finished but now it is just a blinking from this year to the next. I always blame myself of wasting my time, if there is any. I think never ever I could compensate for such big loss.
- June 9, 2022 at 5:55 pm #105145
be short of time
my work never seems to finish
filling –> feeling
… passes more quickly
it took a long time
blame myself for …
such a big loss
- June 9, 2022 at 4:36 pm #105142Farhang HooshmandParticipant
my shortage of time
it took a long time
- June 9, 2022 at 5:56 pm #105146
Glad to see your self-evaluation!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Topics in Forums
Aug 6, 2023