Best English Quote on Free Will by Dr. Seuss for Speaking

Last updated on August 25th, 2023 by | Category: | 116 Views | Reading Time: 10 minutes
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Best English quote on free will and willpower by Dr. Seuss to practice writing and conversation in English for ESL students.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”

— By Dr. Seuss

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

That is a beautiful idea to have about free will. I believe that Dr. Seuss is right, although there are still some obstacles that are unavoidable in some particular situations. One has the free will to choose his/her own way of life.

This quote from Dr. Seuss is both meaningful and poetic as you can see “shoes” and “choose” rhyme elegantly. It reminds us that we can determine the course of our lives and be the captain of our own ships.

In addition, this nice quote puts emphasis on integrity and holism in any individual, in which the brain (the captain, conductor or driver), the feet (the wheels or sails), and the steer (the heart or compass) should coordinate with each other for the whole person to move forward coherently.

Farhang Hooshmand
      Participant

I think this phrase implied that everyone is responsible for what happens to him/her. I agree with that in most part. But we cannot forget the effect of chance in our life. You must be lucky to be in the right place on right time with right person. We are not always that lucky.

PARNIAN HUSH
      Participant

This quote mentions that every human being has his own to live. You can be the master of your soul and don’t be afraid of the decisions you make and take risks.

Soroosh Houshmand
      Participant

This quote is really interesting and it means that a human does have a brain and can choose a way to live his life.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.