Interstellar Movie Review in Film Criticism Course Forum

Last updated on April 18th, 2023 by | Category: | 178 Views | Reading Time: 10 minutes
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Interstellar movie review and analysis in Film Criticism Course forum for ESL students to enjoy learning English with great English movies every week.

Interstellar movie review

Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar,” about astronauts traveling to the other end of the galaxy to find a new home to replace humanity’s despoiled home-world, is frantically busy and earsplittingly loud. It uses booming music to jack up the excitement level of scenes that might not otherwise excite. It features characters shoveling exposition at each other for almost three hours, and a few of those characters have no character to speak of: they’re mouthpieces for techno-babble and philosophical debate. And for all of the director’s activism on behalf of shooting on film, the tactile beauty of the movie’s 35mm and 65mm textures isn’t matched by a sense of composition. The camera rarely tells the story in Nolan’s movies. More often it illustrates the screenplay, and there are points in this one where I felt as if I was watching the most expensive NBC pilot ever made.

Source: https://www.rogerebert.com/

Interstellar movie trailer

If you cannot see the embedded video below, click here to watch Interstellar movie trailer directly.

Interstellar movie analysis

Interstellar is a 2014 movie that was directed by Christopher Nolan and written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan. The film received four Academy Award nominations for Best Original Score, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Sound Editing – and the VFX (Visual Effects) were so well regarded that they won the Oscar for Best Visual Effects.

There are two plans in the Interstellar plot:

Plan A involves Cooper transmitting quantum data back to Earth in order to develop a gravitational propulsion theory that will allow spacecrafts to carry people off Earth into the other galaxy.

Plan B involves Cooper’s crew finding the remaining Lazarus crew and establishing a colony on another world.

Source: https://www.studiobinder.com/

Armaghan Houshmand
      Participant

Interstellar is one of the best and most popular sci-fi movies of all time and the reasons are abvious to me. It was beautiful and full of emotions and I liked how they connected love and time together.
      Its music by Hans Zimmer is a masterpiece as well and it’s one of the reasons that the movie is memorable.

Interstellar aroused different emotions in me because it juxtaposed emotionality and science with each other. If I were in the main character’s shoes, I wouldn’t be strong enough – as he was – to leave my daughter, the very scene that made some tears roll down from my eyes.

The film was so influential, thanks to its great visual effects and story, in transferring some knowledge about black holeswormholes, and the concept of time being so relative. Despite being a relatively long movie, I didn’t feel bored with it as it made me genuinely curious to see the ending.

The film opened up my mind and encouraged me to think more holistically about the entire universe. At the same time, I learned to cherish and treasure the existence of the people I love, especially my daughter.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.